Austin Peay 68
(5-18, 0-10 away)
Murray State 75
(16-5, 8-3 home)
Venue: CFSB Center
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, February 02, 2013
||A Campbell 16
||C Horton 10
||T Betran 6
||I Canaan 19
||L Mushatt 8
||J Moss 5
Murray State beat Austin Peay 75-68 in overtime on Saturday, February 2nd. With a record of 2-0, the Racers stay undefeated against Austin Peay this season. Isaiah Canaan played brilliantly for the Racers and put up a game-high 19 points and eight rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). Ed Daniel had 13 points and added eight rebounds. Chris Horton recorded a double-double for the Governors on 11 points and 10 rebounds. Murray State (16-5, 7-2 OVC) welcomes Belmont (18-4, 9-0 OVC) on Thursday, February 7th.
Murray State Game Notes
- The last time Murray State started the season 16-5 was 2005.
- Murray State has played in 1 overtime game this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Racers have played in 5 overtime games with a record of 3-2.
- The Racers have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Murray State has won 28 close games.
- The Racers have won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after recording 75 or more total points.
- Murray State has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 7 or fewer free throws made.
- Murray State has won 91% of the time this season (10-1) after holding an opponent to under 41.9% field goal percentage.
- This season Murray State has won 86% of the time (12-2) when Stacy Wilson has 12 points or more, 80% of the time (12-3) when Ed Daniel has 4 field goals made or more, and 71% of the time (5-2) when Isaiah Canaan has 6 free throws made or more.
- The Racers set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time Murray State recorded at least 23 free throws made was Feb 02, 2012 against Southeast Missouri State.
- Murray State set a season low for turnovers.
- Murray State has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--Murray State has a 11.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Isaiah Canaan and LaTreze Mushatt) accounted for 44.0% of the points.
- Isaiah Canaan has led the team in scoring in 18 out of 21 games this season.
- Ed Daniel has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 21 games this season.
- Isaiah Canaan has 21 straight double-digit point games.
- Isaiah Canaan had a career high with 8 rebounds.
- Ed Daniel has 6 straight double-digit point games.
Austin Peay Game Notes
- The Governors have lost 6 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Austin Peay has lost 31 close games.
- This loss extended the Governors losing streak to 6 games.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Campbell and Travis Betran) accounted for 45.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chris Horton and Anthony Campbell) accounted for 42.5% of the rebounds.
- Anthony Campbell has led the team in scoring 8 times in 23 games this season.
- Chris Horton has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 23 games this season.
- Travis Betran has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Campbell has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Horton recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Chris Horton.
- Chris Horton recorded a double-double. It was the 5th of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Chris Freeman.