On Saturday, February 2nd, Georgia outshot South Carolina 58%-36% and got a road win against the Gamecocks 67-56 in conference action. The Bulldogs got the win with a game-high 19 points and seven rebounds from Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. Donte` Williams had four points and added five rebounds. Michael Carrera finished with a team-high 16 points and seven rebounds for the Gamecocks. Georgia (10-11, 4-4 SEC) takes on Tennessee (11-8, 3-4 SEC) on Wednesday, February 6th on the road.
Georgia Game Notes
- Georgia started 10-11 during the 2011, 2009, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over South Carolina extended the Georgia winning streak to 3 games.
- UGA beat the spread by 14.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- The Bulldogs have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 6 or more blocks.
- UGA has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 56 or fewer total points.
- UGA has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after holding an opponent to under 35.8% field goal percentage.
- This season Georgia has won 71% of the time (5-2) when Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has 19 points or more.
- The Bulldogs have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Georgia has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Bulldogs came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Charles Mann) accounted for 44.7% of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (34) than the starters (33).
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has led the team in scoring 19 times and in rebounding 10 times in 21 games this season.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has 21 straight double-digit point games.
South Carolina Game Notes
- South Carolina lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Michael Carrera and Bruce Ellington) accounted for 53.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Michael Carrera and RJ Slawson) accounted for 48.1% of the rebounds.
- Michael Carrera has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 6 times in 21 games this season.