(10-11, 2-4 away)
South Carolina 56
(12-9, 9-5 home)
Venue: Colonial Life Arena
1:45PM ET / 10:45AM PT, February 02, 2013
||K Caldwell-Pope 19
||K Caldwell-Pope 7
||C Mann 6
||M Carrera 16
||M Carrera 7
||B Ellington 2
South Carolina lost on their home court to Georgia 67-56 in conference play in a game where they were outshot 58%-36% by the Bulldogs. Michael Carrera put up a team-high 16 points plus seven rebounds in a losing effort. RJ Slawson had two points and added six rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope finished with a game-high 19 points and seven rebounds. South Carolina (12-9, 2-6 SEC) takes on Kentucky (14-6, 5-2 SEC) on Tuesday, February 5th on the road.
South Carolina Game Notes
- The last time USC started the season 12-9 was 2006.
- South Carolina has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after recording 56 or fewer total points.
- The Gamecocks have lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after having a field goal percentage of 35.8% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 46.2% or better this season, South Carolina has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 6 or more blocks this season, South Carolina has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Gamecocks opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--USC has a 4.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Michael Carrera and Bruce Ellington) accounted for 53.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Michael Carrera and RJ Slawson) accounted for 48.1% of the rebounds.
- Michael Carrera has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 6 times in 21 games this season.
Georgia Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Charles Mann) accounted for 44.7% of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (34) than the starters (33).
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has led the team in scoring 19 times and in rebounding 10 times in 21 games this season.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has 21 straight double-digit point games.