Ball State 59
(8-12, 3-6 away)
Bowling Green 70
(8-13, 8-3 home)
Venue: Stroh Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 02, 2013
||J Scaife 17
||M Majok 10
||J Berry 4
||J Crawford 19
||A Calhoun 6
||J Crawford 8
On Saturday, February 2nd, Bowling Green defeated Ball State 70-59 in conference play. The Falcons were led by Jordon Crawford, who got a game-high 19 points plus eight assists. James Erger also had a solid game, scoring a career-high nine points and adding four rebounds. For the Cardinals, Matt Kamieniecki got six points and seven rebounds. Bowling Green (8-13, 3-5 MAC) gets Northern Illinois (4-14, 2-4 MAC) on the road on Wednesday, February 6th.
Bowling Green Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:00 left to go.
- The last time BGSU started the season 8-13 was 2005.
- BGSU beat the spread by 5.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Falcons have beaten the spread.
- BGSU has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) when opponents record 59 or fewer total points.
- The Falcons set season highs for assists and steals.
- The last time BGSU recorded at least 13 steals was Feb 25, 2012 against Kent State.
- BGSU set season lows for blocks and three-pointers.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--BGSU has a 3.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jordon Crawford recorded a team season high in assists with 8.
- Luke Kraus tallied a team season high in steals with 5.
- The top two scorers (Jordon Crawford and A`uston Calhoun) accounted for 51.4% of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (38) than the starters (32).
- Jordon Crawford has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 21 games this season.
- A`uston Calhoun has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 21 games this season.
- A`uston Calhoun has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Luke Kraus had a career high with 5 steals.
Ball State Game Notes
- Ball State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Jauwan Scaife and Jesse Berry) accounted for 50.8% of the points.
- Majok Majok accounted for 38.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Jauwan Scaife has led the team in scoring 7 times in 20 games this season.
- Majok Majok has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 20 games this season.
- Jauwan Scaife has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Jesse Berry has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jesse Berry set a career high with 4 steals.
- Majok Majok recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.