No. 24 Cincinnati squared off with Seton Hall on Saturday, February 2nd and got a victory on the road against the Pirates 65-59 in Big East play. Sean Kilpatrick played brilliantly for the Bearcats and put up a game-high 21 points, sinking 5 of 15 from three-point range. Cashmere Wright also had a solid game, scoring 17 points and adding four assists. For the Pirates, Brandon Mobley finished with 16 points and four rebounds. Cincinnati (18-4, 6-3 Big East) takes on Providence (10-11, 2-7 Big East) on Wednesday, February 6th on the road.
Cincinnati Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:24 left to go.
- Cincinnati started 18-4 during the 2010 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Cincinnati beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Bearcats have beaten the spread.
- The Bearcats have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 21 or more free throws made.
- Cincinnati has won 77% of the time this season (10-3) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- Cincinnati has won 100% of the time this season (12-0) after holding an opponent to under 38.2% field goal percentage.
- Cincinnati has won 92% of the time this season (12-1) when opponents record 21 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Cincinnati has won 88% of the time (7-1) when Cashmere Wright has 17 points or more, 73% of the time (8-3) when JaQuon Parker plays 31 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (6-0) when Sean Kilpatrick has 8 field goals made or more.
- Cincinnati set a season low for field goals made.
- The Bearcats have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Sean Kilpatrick accounted for 32.3% of the team's points.
- Sean Kilpatrick has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 22 games this season.
- Cheikh Mbodj has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Sean Kilpatrick's career.
- Sean Kilpatrick has 7 straight double-digit point games.
Seton Hall Game Notes
- Seton Hall lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Pirates losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Fuquan Edwin and Brandon Mobley) accounted for 54.2% of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (37) than the starters (22).
- Fuquan Edwin has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 5 times in 22 games this season.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Tom Maayan.