Seton Hall lost on their home court to No. 24 Cincinnati 65-59 in conference play on Saturday, February 2nd. The Pirates are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-4). The Pirates were paced by Brandon Mobley, who put up 16 points and four rebounds. Fuquan Edwin had 16 points and added six rebounds. For the Bearcats, Sean Kilpatrick finished with a game-high 21 points, including 5-of-15 shooting from three-point range. The next game will be on Monday, February 4th when Seton Hall (13-9, 2-7 Big East) travels to Pittsburgh (18-5, 6-4 Big East).
Seton Hall Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:24 left to go.
- Seton Hall started 13-9 during the 2009, 2008, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, SHU played 43 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 8-35.
- Seton Hall has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after recording 59 or fewer total points.
- The Pirates have lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after having a field goal percentage of 38.2% or worse.
- When the opposition records 21 or more free throws made this season, Seton Hall has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 6 or more blocks this season, Seton Hall has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- The Pirates have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 10 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--SHU has a 6.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Fuquan Edwin and Brandon Mobley) accounted for 54.2% of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (37) than the starters (22).
- Fuquan Edwin has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 5 times in 22 games this season.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Tom Maayan.
Cincinnati Game Notes
- Sean Kilpatrick accounted for 32.3% of the team's points.
- Sean Kilpatrick has led the team in scoring 13 times in 22 games this season.
- Cheikh Mbodj has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Sean Kilpatrick's career.
- Sean Kilpatrick has 7 straight double-digit point games.