|Providence||B Cotton 21.5||L Henton 8.2||V Council 7.0|
|Villanova||J Pinkston 12.9||M Yarou 6.3||R Arcidiacono 3.3|
On Sunday, Villanova welcomes Providence at The Pavilion. Tip-off is at 12:00 EST and you can see it on MASN, SNY, WPVI. The Wildcats lost to the Friars 69-66 on January 19th and are 4-2 against them over the last four years.
Villanova is in 10th place in the conference, Providence is in 13th place.
In spite of 20 points and 7 rebounds from Mouphtaou Yarou, the Wildcats came up short 65-60 against Notre Dame on January 30th. On top of a team-high 6.3 rebounds per game, he also scores 8.8 points per game. The Friars were defeated by Connecticut 82-79 on January 31st despite 15 points and 5 rebounds from Vincent Council. He is averaging 10.4 points per game and leads the team in assists with 7.0 per game.
- Villanova takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Providence (7 vs 1).
- The Villanova blocks leader (Maurice Sutton) has more blocks than the Providence blocks leader (Brice Kofane).
- The Villanova basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Providence (100% vs 80%).
- Ryan Arcidiacono is ranked 5th in the Big East in three-pointers.
- We win when it counts, too. Villanova has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Providence (12 vs 0).
- It's only wins and losses, but Villanova has a better overall record than Providence this season (13-8 vs 10-11).
- Villanova is better under pressure, and has defeated Providence in 5 out of the last 6 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Villanova has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Providence (#51 vs #137).
- The Villanova steals leader (Darrun Hilliard) has more steals than the Providence steals leader (LaDontae Henton).
- AP voters think more highly of Villanova and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Providence (94 vs 14).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Villanova has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Providence (13 vs 2).