St. Peter's vs. Manhattan: Full Game Preview
|St. Peter's||D Washington 14.3||Y Raymond 5.3||B Ffrench 5.2|
|Manhattan||G Beamon 13.4||R Brown 6.8||R Stores 2.5|
On Sunday, Manhattan hosts St. Peter's at Draddy Gymnasium. The game tips off at 3:00 EST. The Jaspers beat the Peacocks 55-53 on January 4th and are 5-4 against them over the last four years.
St. Peter's is in 9th place in the MAAC and just behind 7th place Manhattan with a chance to catch up.
The Jaspers fell 66-63 to Siena on February 1st. Michael Alvarado finished with 16 points and 5 assists in the loss. He is putting up 8.7 points per game while also averaging 2.4 rebounds per game. For the Peacocks, Desi Washington finished with 26 points and 5 rebounds in the 70-68 win over Marist on January 31st. He leads the team with 14.3 points per game.
St. Peter's StatSmack
- You get an A for effort, but Manhattan has emerged victorious against St. Peter's the last 3 times they've played.
- Manhattan has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (51.54% to 38.96%).
- Boom! Manhattan defeated St. Peter's by 2 points the last time they played (Jan 04, 2013).
- Shane Richards is ranked 5th in the MAAC in three-pointers.
- How does our back look? Manhattan is ranked higher than St. Peter's in the MAAC (#6 vs #10).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Manhattan has had more players drafted by the NBA than St. Peter's (1 vs 0).
- Even computers respect Manhattan more. We have a better RPI this season than St. Peter's (RPI: #241 vs #273).
- The Manhattan blocks leader (Rhamel Brown) has more blocks than the St. Peter's blocks leader (Chris Burke).
- At least you keep showing up. Manhattan has an average margin of victory of 12 over St. Peter's in 38 wins since 1980.
|F||M. Jackson Jr.||8||1||1||0||0||0||1|