South Florida vs. Connecticut: Full Game Preview
|South Florida||V Rudd 10.8||V Rudd 6.8||A Collins 7.0|
|Connecticut||S Napier 16.8||D Daniels 4.7||R Boatright 4.7|
On Sunday, Connecticut welcomes South Florida at Harry A. Gampel Pavilion. Tip-off is at 2:00 EST and you can see it on SNY, Big East Net, MASN. The Huskies are 3-1 against the Bulls over the last four years. The last time they met (12/28/2011) they won 60-57.
Connecticut is in 8th place in the conference, South Florida is in 15th place.
In an 82-79 win over Providence on January 31st, Ryan Boatright put up 19 points and 7 assists for the Huskies. In addition to a team-leading 4.7 assists per game, he chips in 16.1 points per game. The Bulls were defeated by Marquette 63-50 on January 28th despite 10 points and 7 rebounds from Zach LeDay. He is averaging 4.1 points and 2.1 rebounds per game.
Digging into season numbers, Connecticut has the advantage in one key category, scoring, where the Huskies have an edge over the Bulls, 71 points per game to 61 points per game.
South Florida StatSmack
- The Connecticut blocks leader (DeAndre Daniels) has more blocks than the South Florida blocks leader (Toarlyn Fitzpatrick).
- Shabazz Napier is ranked 8th in the Big East in points, 6th in the Big East in three-pointers, and 7th in the Big East in steals.
- Connecticut beat South Florida by 3 points the last time they played (Dec 28, 2011).
- We just win. Connecticut has more wins over the last 5 years than South Florida (139 vs 83).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Connecticut has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than South Florida (10 vs 0).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Connecticut has recruited more Top 50 high school players than South Florida (21 vs 1).
- The Connecticut three-point leader (Shabazz Napier) has more three-pointers than the South Florida three-point leader (Toarlyn Fitzpatrick).
- Connecticut has a much better Kiplinger In-State Ranking than South Florida (#32 vs #55).
- Connecticut takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than South Florida (8 vs 1).
- Even computers respect Connecticut more. We have a better RPI this season than South Florida (RPI: #24 vs #84).
- How does our back look? Connecticut is ranked higher than South Florida in the Big East (#8 vs #15).