|Iowa||R Devyn Marble 14.1||A White 6.0||A Clemmons 3.7|
|Minnesota||A Hollins 14.1||T Mbakwe 8.6||A Hollins 3.5|
On Sunday, No. 23 Minnesota welcomes Iowa at Williams Arena. The game gets underway at 1:00 EST and you can catch it on Big Ten Network. The Golden Gophers are 5-2 against the Hawkeyes over the last four years. They fell 63-59 on 2/1/2012, the last time they met.
Iowa is in 8th place in the conference and will be trying to close the gap with 6th place Minnesota.
In their last outing, behind 23 points and 5 rebounds from Rodney Williams, the Golden Gophers blew out Nebraska 84-65 on January 29th. He is averaging 12.1 points and 5.5 rebounds per game. In a 76-67 victory over Penn State on January 31st, Aaron White put up 27 points and 5 rebounds for the Hawkeyes. He is averaging 14.0 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 6.0 per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Iowa is strong in free throw rate at 43.4. This is good enough for 2nd in the conference and 24th in the nation.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Minnesota currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (954 to 947) than Iowa, per the NCAA.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Minnesota has a stronger schedule than Iowa this season (SOS Rank: #4 vs #87).
- Minnesota has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Iowa (#18 vs #55).
- Joe Coleman is ranked 9th in the Big Ten in steals.
- Minnesota is a better three-point shooting team (35.9% vs 30.3%) than Iowa this season.
- Minnesota allows fewer rebounds (30.1 allowed per game vs 35.3 allowed per game) than Iowa this season.
- Minnesota has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (50% vs 83%).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Minnesota is superior to Iowa (Latest AP Poll: #23 vs Not Ranked).
- It's only wins and losses, but Minnesota has a better overall record than Iowa this season (16-5 vs 13-7).
- Minnesota has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Iowa ($25,277 vs $33,134).
- We just win. Minnesota has more wins over the last 5 years than Iowa (119 vs 80).