|Virginia||J Harris 15.2||A Mitchell 9.0||J Evans 4.5|
|Georgia Tech||M Georges-Hunt 10.5||R Carter 6.7||M Udofia 2.9|
On Sunday, Virginia travels to Hank McCamish Pavilion to take on Georgia Tech. The game tips off at 3:00 EST and you can see it on ESPN U. The Cavaliers are 5-0 against the Yellow Jackets over the last four years. They won 70-38 on 1/19/2012 the last time they played.
Virginia is currently in 2nd place in the ACC and Georgia Tech is in 11th. Virginia has won four games straight.
In their last outing, behind 22 points from Joe Harris, the Cavaliers defeated NC State 58-55 on January 29th. At 15.2, he paces the team in points per game. The Yellow Jackets were defeated by Clemson 63-60 on January 29th despite 11 points and 7 rebounds from Marcus Georges-Hunt. His 10.5 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
Georgia Tech StatSmack
- We beat real teams. Virginia has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Georgia Tech this season (3 vs 0).
- Virginia is a better free-throw-shooting team (70.4% vs 63.9%) than Georgia Tech this season.
- Virginia has a better scoring defense (51.3 allowed per game vs 59.7 allowed per game) than Georgia Tech this season.
- Akil Mitchell is ranked 3rd in the ACC in rebounds.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Virginia has come back to win after being down at half against Georgia Tech 6 times since 1999.
- Virginia has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (32% vs 59%).
- Virginia has a much better Kiplinger In-State Ranking than Georgia Tech (#3 vs #18).
- The Virginia steals leader (Akil Mitchell) has more steals than the Georgia Tech steals leader (Mfon Udofia).
- It's only wins and losses, but Virginia has a better overall record than Georgia Tech this season (15-5 vs 11-8).
- Virginia is a better three-point shooting team (38.4% vs 30.7%) than Georgia Tech this season.
|D||S. Poole, Jr.||10||3||2||1||0||0||1|