|Marquette||V Blue 14.8||D Gardner 5.5||J Cadougan 4.3|
|Louisville||R Smith 18.4||G Dieng 10.0||P Siva 6.0|
No. 25 Marquette travels to KFC Yum! Center on Sunday to take on No. 12 Louisville. Tip-off occurs at 2:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN. The Golden Eagles are 2-4 against the Cardinals over the last four years. They fell 84-71 on 3/8/2012, the last time they met.
Marquette is 1st in the conference and Louisville is 4th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In their last game, Vander Blue put up 30 points and 6 rebounds in the Golden Eagles 63-50 win over South Florida on January 28th. He leads the team in scoring average, scoring 14.8 points per contest. In a 64-61 victory over Pittsburgh on January 28th, Gorgui Dieng put up 14 points and 12 rebounds for the Cardinals. He leads the team in rebounds with 10.0 per game and blocks with 2.4 per game.
- Louisville has to pay up to win. The coach for Marquette has a much lower base salary than Louisville ($410,196 vs $2,250,000).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Marquette currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (970 to 965) than Louisville, per the NCAA.
- Marquette players are more experienced than Louisville players (15,768 minutes played vs 13,059 minutes played).
- The Marquette basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Louisville (91% vs 50%).
- Junior Cadougan is ranked 9th in the Big East in assists.
- How does our back look? Marquette is ranked higher than Louisville in the Big East (#1 vs #3).
- Marquette has a better conference record than Louisville this season (6-1 vs 5-3).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Marquette has had more players drafted by the NBA than Louisville (7 vs 4).
- Marquette is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Marquette is 228 lbs compared to 210 lbs for Louisville.
|C-||S. Taylor Jr.||9||4||2||0||0||0||0|
|C||S. Van Treese||13||2||3||0||1||0||0|