|Providence||B Cotton 21.5||L Henton 8.2||V Council 7.0|
|Villanova||J Pinkston 12.9||M Yarou 6.3||R Arcidiacono 3.3|
Providence travels to The Pavilion on Sunday to take on Villanova. Tip-off occurs at 12:00 EST and you can catch it on MASN, SNY, WPVI. The Friars defeated the Wildcats 69-66 on January 19th and are 2-4 against them over the past four years.
Providence is currently in 13th place in the conference and Villanova is in 10th.
In spite of 20 points and 9 rebounds from Kadeem Batts, the Friars came up short 82-79 against Connecticut on January 31st. In addition to his 14.3 points per game, he is also chipping in 7.2 rebounds per game. The Wildcats were defeated by Notre Dame 65-60 on January 30th despite 20 points and 7 rebounds from Mouphtaou Yarou. He averages 8.8 points per game in addition to a team-best 6.3 rebounds per game. When considering the Four Factors, Villanova performs well in free throw rate at 51.0. This ranks 1st in the conference and 1st in the country.
- The Providence scoring leader (Bryce Cotton) has more points than the Villanova scoring leader (JayVaughn Pinkston).
- Bryce Cotton is ranked 22nd nationally in points and 17th nationally in three-pointers.
- The Providence three-point leader (Bryce Cotton) has more three-pointers than the Villanova three-point leader (Ryan Arcidiacono).
- Providence is better at defending the three (28.1% allowed vs 34.9% allowed) than Villanova this season.
- LaDontae Henton is ranked 3rd in the Big East in rebounds.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Providence has had more players drafted by the NBA than Villanova (4 vs 3).
- The Providence rebounding leader (LaDontae Henton) has more rebounds than the Villanova rebounding leader (Mouphtaou Yarou).
- Kadeem Batts is ranked 7th in the Big East in rebounds.
- At least you keep showing up. Providence has an average margin of victory of 11 over Villanova in 24 wins since 1980.
- Boom! Providence defeated Villanova by 3 points the last time they played (Jan 19, 2013).
- It must sting. Providence has blown out Villanova by 20 points or more on 4 occasions since 1996.