Santa Clara vs. Brigham Young: Full Game Preview
|Santa Clara||K Foster 19.0||M Trasolini 8.4||E Roguemore 6.2|
|Brigham Young||T Haws 20.5||B Davies 7.6||M Carlino 4.4|
Santa Clara visits Marriott Center on Saturday to take on Brigham Young. Tip-off is at 9:00 EST and you can see it on BYUtv. The Broncos fell to the Cougars 82-64 on January 12th and are 0-3 against them over the last four years.
Brigham Young and Santa Clara are close together in the conference, holding down the 3rd and 4th spots, respectively.
In a 70-46 dismantling of Portland on January 31st, Marc Trasolini put up 23 points and 13 rebounds for the Broncos. He contributes a team-high 8.4 rebounds per game and 1.8 blocks per game. For the Cougars, Brandon Davies put up 20 points and 12 rebounds in the 63-61 win over Pepperdine on January 31st. He leads the team in rebounds with 7.6 per game and blocks with 1.2 per game. Areas of strength for Brigham Young include: turnover percentage at 17.3 and defensive rebounding percentage at 73.3.
Brigham Young StatSmack
- The Santa Clara rebounding leader (Marc Trasolini) has more rebounds than the Brigham Young rebounding leader (Brandon Davies).
- Santa Clara is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Santa Clara is 215 lbs compared to 205 lbs for Brigham Young.
- Better not leave your building. Santa Clara has a better record on the road than Brigham Young this season (6-2 vs 4-3).
- Raymond Cowels III is ranked 4th in the West Coast in three-pointers and 6th in the West Coast in steals.
- Robert Garrett is ranked 3rd in the West Coast in blocks.
- Marc Trasolini is ranked 6th in the West Coast in points, 48th nationally in rebounds, and 1st in the West Coast in blocks.
- Santa Clara is a better three-point shooting team (37.5% vs 33.4%) than Brigham Young this season.
- The Santa Clara assist leader (Evan Roguemore) has more assists than the Brigham Young assist leader (Matt Carlino).
- The Santa Clara blocks leader (Marc Trasolini) has more blocks than the Brigham Young blocks leader (Brandon Davies).
- Santa Clara players are more experienced than Brigham Young players (19,320 minutes played vs 11,171 minutes played).
|C+||R. Cowels III||26||10||4||0||1||0||1|