|CS Northridge||S Hicks 16.8||S Maxwell 8.3||J Greene 3.8|
|UC Riverside||C Patton 12.5||J Fox 6.7||R Smith 3.2|
Cal State Northridge heads to UC Riverside Student Recreation Center on Saturday to take on UC Riverside. The game gets underway at 10:00 EST. The Matadors lost to the Highlanders 65-64 on January 3rd and are 5-4 against them over the last four years.
Cal State Northridge is in 10th place in the conference and trying to catch 9th place UC Riverside.
The Matadors got past Cal State Fullerton 92-86 on January 31st with the help of 24 points and 10 rebounds from Josh Greene. On top of a team-high 3.8 assists per game, he also scores 13.2 points per game. For the Highlanders, Josh Fox finished with 10 points and 6 rebounds in the 72-68 loss to Hawaii on January 31st. He is averaging 10.4 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 6.7 per game.
Digging into season numbers, Cal State Northridge has the advantage in one key category, scoring, where the Matadors have an edge over the Highlanders, 77 points per game to 61 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, UC Riverside is strong in defensive rebounding percentage at 73.0. This is good enough for 1st in the conference and 30th in the nation.
UC Riverside StatSmack
- It's only wins and losses, but Cal State Northridge has a better overall record than UC Riverside this season (11-11 vs 5-16).
- Stephen Maxwell is ranked 7th in the Big West in points and 1st in the Big West in rebounds.
- At least you keep showing up. Cal State Northridge has an average margin of victory of 12 over UC Riverside in 16 wins since 2001.
- Josh Greene is ranked 10th in the Big West in three-pointers, 8th in the Big West in assists, and 3rd in the Big West in steals.
- Tre Hale-Edmerson is ranked 6th in the Big West in blocks.
- The Cal State Northridge rebounding leader (Stephen Maxwell) has more rebounds than the UC Riverside rebounding leader (Josh Fox).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Cal State Northridge currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (918 to 887) than UC Riverside, per the NCAA.
- The Cal State Northridge blocks leader (Brandon Perry) has more blocks than the UC Riverside blocks leader (Taylor Johns).
- The Cal State Northridge scoring leader (Stephan Hicks) has more points than the UC Riverside scoring leader (Chris Patton).
- Even computers respect Cal State Northridge more. We have a better RPI this season than UC Riverside (RPI: #200 vs #323).
- The Cal State Northridge assist leader (Josh Greene) has more assists than the UC Riverside assist leader (Robert Smith).