Iowa vs. Minnesota: Full Game Preview
|Iowa||R Devyn Marble 14.1||A White 6.0||A Clemmons 3.7|
|Minnesota||A Hollins 14.1||T Mbakwe 8.6||A Hollins 3.5|
Iowa travels to Williams Arena on Sunday to take on No. 23 Minnesota. It takes place at 1:00 EST and you can catch it on Big Ten Network. The Hawkeyes are 2-5 against the Golden Gophers over the last four years. They won 63-59 on 2/1/2012 the last time they played.
Minnesota and Iowa are neck and neck in the Big Ten, holding down 6th and 8th place, respectively.
The 27 points and 5 rebounds by Aaron White helped the Hawkeyes to a 76-67 victory over Penn State on January 31st. In addition to a team-leading 6.0 rebounds per game, he chips in 14.0 points per game. For the Golden Gophers, Rodney Williams put up 23 points and 5 rebounds in the 84-65 blowout of Nebraska on January 29th. He contributes 5.5 rebounds per game in addition to his 12.1 points per game. Minnesota can be found near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: offensive rebounding percentage at 47.1 and free throw rate at 43.4.
- At least you keep showing up. Iowa has an average margin of victory of 12 over Minnesota in 29 wins since 1980.
- Iowa is better under pressure, and has defeated Minnesota in 6 out of the last 11 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Diaper Dandies love us. Iowa has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Minnesota (11 vs 6).
- Melsahn Basabe is ranked 9th in the Big Ten in blocks.
- Iowa is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Iowa is 78.0 inches compared to 77.0 inches for Minnesota.
- Iowa beat Minnesota by 4 points the last time they played (Feb 01, 2012).
- Iowa is better at defending the three (28.9% allowed vs 32.9% allowed) than Minnesota this season.
- Iowa has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Minnesota (#66 vs #81).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Iowa has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Minnesota (8 vs 6).
- Anthony Clemmons is ranked 8th in the Big Ten in assists.