|Arizona||M Lyons 14.7||K Tarczewski 5.9||M Lyons 3.0|
|Washington State||B Motum 18.5||B Motum 6.8||R Woolridge 2.7|
On Saturday, Washington State welcomes No. 8 Arizona at Beasley Coliseum. Tip-off occurs at 10:00 EST and you can catch it on Pac-12 Network. The Cougars are 3-5 against the Wildcats over the last four years. They fell 76-72 on 2/16/2012, the last time they met.
Washington State is in 10th place in the conference, Arizona is in 2nd place.
In their last match-up, Royce Woolridge finished with 16 points in the Cougars 63-59 loss against Arizona State on January 31st. He paces the team in assists per game with 2.7, and steals per game with 1.0. For the Wildcats, Nick Johnson finished with 15 points and 6 rebounds in the 57-53 win over Washington on January 31st. He is averaging 13.4 points per game and leads the team in steals with 2.3 per game.
There is one important category where Arizona has a statistical edge, scoring, where the Wildcats have the upper hand over the Cougars, 74 points per game to 63 points per game. A key area of strength for Arizona is defensive rebounding percentage at 73.5, which ranks 1st in their conference (and 18th nationally).
- The Washington State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Arizona (44% vs 20%).
- Pullman isn't as congested as Tucson (population is significantly lower).
- The Washington State rebounding leader (Brock Motum) has more rebounds than the Arizona rebounding leader (Kaleb Tarczewski).
- The Washington State blocks leader (Brock Motum) has more blocks than the Arizona blocks leader (Grant Jerrett).
- At least you keep showing up. Washington State has an average margin of victory of 8 over Arizona in 12 wins since 1980.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Washington State has come back to win after being down at half against Arizona 3 times since 2004.
- Brock Motum is ranked 33rd nationally in points.
- The Washington State scoring leader (Brock Motum) has more points than the Arizona scoring leader (Mark Lyons).