Santa Clara vs. Brigham Young: Full Game Preview
|Santa Clara||K Foster 19.0||M Trasolini 8.4||E Roguemore 6.2|
|Brigham Young||T Haws 20.5||B Davies 7.6||M Carlino 4.4|
Brigham Young welcomes Santa Clara to Marriott Center on Saturday. Tip-off is at 9:00 EST and you can see it on BYUtv. The Cougars defeated the Broncos 82-64 on January 12th and are 3-0 against them over the past four years.
Santa Clara is in 4th place in the West Coast and will be trying to close the gap with Brigham Young, who is currently in 3rd place.
In a 63-61 triumph over Pepperdine on January 31st, Tyler Haws put up 21 points for the Cougars. He leads the team in scoring average, scoring 20.5 points per contest. For the Broncos, Marc Trasolini put up 23 points and 13 rebounds in the 70-46 blowout of Portland on January 31st. With 8.4 rebounds per game and 1.8 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Santa Clara StatSmack
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Brigham Young currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (985 to 959) than Santa Clara, per the NCAA.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Brigham Young has had more players drafted by the NBA than Santa Clara (4 vs 0).
- Matt Carlino is ranked 6th in the West Coast in assists and 22nd nationally in steals.
- Even computers respect Brigham Young more. We have a better RPI this season than Santa Clara (RPI: #40 vs #85).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Brigham Young has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Santa Clara (1 vs 0).
- At least you keep showing up. Brigham Young has an average margin of victory of 13 over Santa Clara in 7 wins since 1986.
- Brigham Young has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (79.27% to 48.72%).
- Brigham Young has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Santa Clara (#71 vs #102).
- How does our back look? Brigham Young is ranked higher than Santa Clara in the West Coast (#3 vs #4).
- Brigham Young is better at defending the three (32.2% allowed vs 36.1% allowed) than Santa Clara this season.
- Brandon Davies is ranked 16th nationally in points, 4th in the West Coast in rebounds, 10th in the West Coast in steals, and 4th in the West Coast in blocks.
|C+||R. Cowels III||26||10||4||0||1||0||1|