|Southern Miss||D Davis 13.2||J Mills 6.7||N Watson 5.1|
|UAB||R Rucker 14.3||R Rucker 8.4||T Jones 4.0|
UAB hosts Southern Miss at Bartow Arena on Saturday. It takes place at 8:00 EST and you can catch it on CSS. The Blazers lost to the Golden Eagles 74-59 on January 19th and are 7-4 against them over the last four years.
UAB is 11th in the conference and Southern Miss is 1st. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The Blazers got past Texas-El Paso 78-72 on January 30th with the help of 24 points and 6 steals from Jordan Swing. In addition to a team-leading 1.4 steals per game, he chips in 14.0 points per game. For the Golden Eagles, Jonathan Mills put up 9 points and 11 rebounds in the 62-59 win over Tulsa on January 26th. He averages 9.0 points per game in addition to a team-best 6.7 rebounds per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Southern Miss is strong in the following categories: offensive rebounding percentage at 42.1 and effective field goal percentage at 54.6.
Southern Miss StatSmack
- Rod Rucker is ranked 7th in C-USA in rebounds.
- Jordan Swing is ranked 10th in C-USA in three-pointers.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. UAB has a stronger schedule than Southern Miss this season (SOS Rank: #70 vs #149).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. UAB has come back to win after being down at half against Southern Miss 7 times since 1998.
- The UAB scoring leader (Rod Rucker) has more points than the Southern Miss scoring leader (Dwayne Davis).
- It must sting. UAB has blown out Southern Miss by 20 points or more on 3 occasions since 2005.
- UAB is better under pressure, and has defeated Southern Miss in 5 out of the last 9 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? UAB currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (927 to 922) than Southern Miss, per the NCAA.
- AP voters think more highly of UAB and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Southern Miss (10 vs 2).
- Terence Jones is ranked 8th in C-USA in assists.
- UAB takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Southern Miss (4 vs 1).