Oregon State vs. Stanford: Full Game Preview
|Oregon State||R Nelson 16.4||E Moreland 10.5||J Burton 3.2|
|Stanford||D Powell 14.4||J Huestis 9.1||A Bright 2.8|
Oregon State heads to Maples Pavilion on Sunday to take on Stanford. Tip-off occurs at 3:00 EST and you can see it on Pac-12 Network. The Beavers are 5-6 against the Cardinal over the last four years. They lost 87-82 the last time they played (2/16/2012).
Oregon State is in 11th place in the conference, Stanford is in 5th place.
In their last match-up, Roberto Nelson finished with 25 points and 5 rebounds in the Beavers 71-68 loss against California on January 31st. With 16.4 points per game and 1.2 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. In a 76-52 blowout of Oregon on January 30th, Josh Huestis put up 14 points and 13 rebounds for the Cardinal. He leads the team in rebounds with 9.1 per game and blocks with 2.1 per game.
- The Oregon State three-point leader (Ahmad Starks) has more three-pointers than the Stanford three-point leader (Chasson Randle).
- Oregon State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Oregon State is 215 lbs compared to 209 lbs for Stanford.
- Eric Moreland is ranked 6th in the Pac 12 in rebounds and 45th nationally in blocks.
- Ahmad Starks is ranked 2nd in the Pac 12 in three-pointers.
- At least you keep showing up. Oregon State has an average margin of victory of 10 over Stanford in 27 wins since 1980.
- The Oregon State scoring leader (Roberto Nelson) has more points than the Stanford scoring leader (Dwight Powell).
- Oregon State is a better three-point shooting team (36.3% vs 32.6%) than Stanford this season.
- Oregon State is a better shooting team (45.5% vs 41.0%) than Stanford this season.
- Oregon State players are more experienced than Stanford players (13,450 minutes played vs 12,310 minutes played).
- Roberto Nelson is ranked 7th in the Pac 12 in points and 7th in the Pac 12 in three-pointers.
- The Oregon State assist leader (Joe Burton) has more assists than the Stanford assist leader (Chasson Randle).