|Baylor||P Jackson 18.8||I Austin 9.4||P Jackson 5.9|
|Iowa State||W Clyburn 14.4||M Ejim 9.5||K Lucious 5.6|
Baylor travels to James H. Hilton Coliseum on Saturday to take on Iowa State. It takes place at 8:00 EST and you can see it on ESPN 2. The Bears are 2-3 against the Cyclones over the last four years. They fell 80-72 on 3/3/2012, the last time they met.
Iowa State is in 5th place in the conference and Baylor is in 2nd place.
In their last outing, despite 22 points and 8 rebounds from Pierre Jackson, the Bears fell to Oklahoma 74-71 on January 30th. On top of his scoring average of 18.8 points per game, he delivers 5.9 assists per game. For the Cyclones, Chris Babb finished with 19 points and 5 rebounds in the 78-76 loss to Oklahoma State on January 30th. He contributes 3.1 rebounds per game in addition to his 9.3 points per game. Areas of strength for Iowa State include: defensive rebounding percentage at 72.6 and effective field goal percentage at 52.9.
Iowa State StatSmack
- Baylor has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Iowa State according to Kiplinger (47.4% vs 35%).
- Even computers respect Baylor more. We have a better RPI this season than Iowa State (RPI: #37 vs #51).
- A.J. Walton is ranked 7th in the Big 12 in assists and 2nd in the Big 12 in steals.
- The Baylor assist leader (Pierre Jackson) has more assists than the Iowa State assist leader (Korie Lucious).
- Baylor has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Iowa State ($NA vs $30,411).
- Cory Jefferson is ranked 4th in the Big 12 in rebounds and 46th nationally in blocks.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Baylor has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Iowa State (7 vs 0).
- Baylor has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (69.51% to 55.33%).
- How does our back look? Baylor is ranked higher than Iowa State in the Big 12 (#2 vs #5).
- AP voters think more highly of Baylor and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Iowa State (63 vs 3).
- Baylor has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (50% vs 85%).