Gonzaga vs. San Diego: Full Game Preview
|Gonzaga||K Olynyk 18.0||E Harris 7.1||D Stockton 3.5|
|San Diego||J Dee 14.4||C Manresa 6.7||C Anderson 5.4|
On Saturday, No. 7 Gonzaga travels to Jenny Craig Pavilion to take on San Diego. It gets started at 11:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Bulldogs are 8-0 against the Toreros over the last four years. They won 65-57 on 2/25/2012 the last time they played.
Gonzaga is in 1st place in the conference, San Diego is in 5th place.
In their last game, Gary Bell put up 15 points in the Bulldogs 88-43 romp of Loyola Marymount on January 31st. In addition to his 8.9 points per game, he is also chipping in 2.4 rebounds per game. For the Toreros, Ken Rancifer put up 14 points in the 64-50 loss to Santa Clara on January 26th. He is averaging 9.8 points and 3.8 rebounds per game.
Gonzaga looks to have the advantage over San Diego in one significant area, scoring, where the Bulldogs have an edge over the Toreros, 79 points per game to 65 points per game.
San Diego StatSmack
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Gonzaga has had more players drafted by the NBA than San Diego (5 vs 0).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Gonzaga has recruited more Top 50 high school players than San Diego (1 vs 0).
- Gonzaga is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Gonzaga is 213 lbs compared to 203 lbs for San Diego.
- Gonzaga players are more experienced than San Diego players (13,461 minutes played vs 13,079 minutes played).
- Be afraid. Gonzaga has blown out more teams than San Diego this season (8 blowouts vs 2).
- AP voters think more highly of Gonzaga and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than San Diego (141 vs 1).
- Gonzaga has a more potent offense, scoring more points (78.9 per game vs 65.0 per game) than San Diego this season.
- Gonzaga is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Gonzaga is 77.1 inches compared to 75.8 inches for San Diego.
- David Stockton is ranked 9th in the West Coast in assists and 4th in the West Coast in steals.
- Better not leave your building. Gonzaga has a better record on the road than San Diego this season (5-1 vs 3-6).
- We beat real teams. Gonzaga has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than San Diego this season (5 vs 0).
|C||Guy Landry Edi||14||4||3||0||0||0||1|