Cleveland State vs. Illinois-Chicago: Full Game Preview
|Cleveland State||A Grady 13.7||M Mason 5.8||C Lee 5.0|
|Illinois-Chicago||G Talton 13.2||H Humes 5.7||G Talton 4.0|
Cleveland State heads to UIC Pavilion on Saturday to take on UIC. It takes place at 8:00 EST and you can see it on HLN. The Vikings defeated the Flames 60-50 on January 7th and are 11-0 against them over the past four years.
Cleveland State is in 8th place in the conference, UIC is in 4th place.
In their last match-up, Bryn Forbes finished with 19 points and 7 rebounds in the Vikings 73-59 loss against Youngstown State on January 26th. He tallies 12.1 points per game and also adds 3.2 rebounds per game. In a 60-57 victory over Green Bay on January 31st, Hayden Humes put up 18 points and 9 rebounds for the Flames. He is averaging 10.5 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 5.7 per game.
- Cleveland State is better under pressure, and has defeated UIC in 8 out of the last 10 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Cleveland State has had more players drafted by the NBA than UIC (1 vs 0).
- At least you keep showing up. Cleveland State has an average margin of victory of 11 over UIC in 40 wins since 1981.
- The Cleveland State blocks leader (Marlin Mason) has more blocks than the UIC blocks leader (Josh Crittle).
- The Cleveland State rebounding leader (Marlin Mason) has more rebounds than the UIC rebounding leader (Hayden Humes).
- Marlin Mason is ranked 6th in the Horizon in rebounds and 6th in the Horizon in blocks.
- Bryn Forbes is ranked 6th in the Horizon in three-pointers.
- Tim Kamczyc is ranked 8th in the Horizon in three-pointers and 9th in the Horizon in steals.
- It must sting. Cleveland State has blown out UIC by 20 points or more on 3 occasions since 2010.
- You get an A for effort, but Cleveland State has emerged victorious against UIC the last 11 times they've played.