|Tulane||J Davis 17.5||J Davis 10.2||R Tarrant 2.8|
|UTEP||J Washburn 12.2||J Bohannon 6.5||J Streeter 5.0|
Texas-El Paso plays host to Tulane at Don Haskins Center on Saturday. Tip-off is at 9:00 EST. The Miners beat the Green Wave 66-57 on January 9th and are 5-2 against them over the last four years.
Texas-El Paso is currently in 4th place in the conference and Tulane is in 7th.
In spite of 18 points from McKenzie Moore, the Miners came up short 78-72 against UAB on January 30th. While contributing 5.0 rebounds per game, he also scores 9.0 points per game. For the Green Wave, Josh Davis finished with 18 points and 9 rebounds in the 58-50 loss to UCF on January 30th. He puts up a team-leading 17.5 points per game, 10.2 rebounds per game, and 1.0 blocks per game. Tulane ranks 1st in their conference in defensive rebounding percentage at 73.1, which also places them 28th in the country.
- Boom! Texas-El Paso defeated Tulane by 9 points the last time they played (Jan 09, 2013).
- At least you keep showing up. Texas-El Paso has an average margin of victory of 9 over Tulane in 7 wins since 2005.
- Texas-El Paso takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Tulane (3 vs 0).
- The Texas-El Paso blocks leader (John Bohannon) has more blocks than the Tulane blocks leader (Josh Davis).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Texas-El Paso has had more players drafted by the NBA than Tulane (1 vs 0).
- John Bohannon is ranked 4th in C-USA in blocks.
- How does our back look? Texas-El Paso is ranked higher than Tulane in C-USA (#4 vs #7).
- Jacques Streeter is ranked 4th in C-USA in assists.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Texas-El Paso has a stronger schedule than Tulane this season (SOS Rank: #54 vs #249).