Sacred Heart vs. Mount St. Mary's: Full Game Preview
|Sacred Heart||S Gibson 20.2||L Montes 6.5||P Gaetano 8.0|
|Mount St. Mary's||R Whack 11.9||K Krajina 3.6||J Castellanos 3.7|
Mount St. Mary's hosts Sacred Heart at Knott Arena on Saturday. It takes place at 4:00 EST. The Mountaineers are 7-1 against the Pioneers over the last four years. The last time they met (1/28/2012) they won 81-80.
Sacred Heart is in 2nd place in the conference and Mount St. Mary's is in 9th place.
In their last game, Shivaughn Wiggins put up 17 points in the Mountaineers 77-73 win over Quinnipiac on January 31st. He is averaging 7.1 points and 2.0 rebounds per game. For the Pioneers, Steve Glowiak finished with 15 points and 8 rebounds in the 84-78 loss to Wagner on January 31st. He is averaging 10.8 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.4 steals per game.
In reviewing statistical differences between the teams, Sacred Heart appears to have an edge in one significant area, rebounding, where the Pioneers have the upper hand over the Mountaineers, 34 per game to 25 per game.
Sacred Heart StatSmack
- You get an A for effort, but Mount St. Mary's has emerged victorious against Sacred Heart the last 7 times they've played.
- Mount St. Mary's beat Sacred Heart by 1 point the last time they played (Jan 28, 2012).
- The Mount St. Mary's steals leader (Rashad Whack) has more steals than the Sacred Heart steals leader (Steve Glowiak).
- Mount St. Mary's is better under pressure, and has defeated Sacred Heart in 4 out of the last 7 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- At least you keep showing up. Mount St. Mary's has an average margin of victory of 9 over Sacred Heart in 17 wins since 1999.
- Rashad Whack is ranked 10th in the NEC in three-pointers and 27th nationally in steals.
|D||M. Abdel Latif||10||1||2||0||0||1||1|