(9-8, 5-4 away)
Venue: The Palestra
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 01, 2013
||B Barbour 21
||I Cohen 9
||A Rosenberg 3
||M Cartwright 22
||M Cartwright 5
||D Nelson-Henry 2
On Friday, February 1st, Pennsylvania defeated Columbia 62-58 in conference play. The Quakers were led by Miles Cartwright, who put up a season-high 22 points plus five rebounds. Darien Nelson-Henry also had a solid game, scoring 11 points and adding four rebounds (4 Blk 3 Stl). For the Lions, Brian Barbour got a season-high 21 points and three assists. Pennsylvania (4-15, 1-1 Ivy) takes on Cornell (9-11, 1-2 Ivy) on Saturday, February 2nd on their home court.
Pennsylvania Game Notes
- The last time Pennsylvania started the season 4-15 was 2009.
- Pennsylvania beat the spread by 7.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Quakers have beaten the spread.
- The Quakers have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Pennsylvania has won 25 close games.
- The Quakers set season highs for blocks and free throws made.
- The last time Pennsylvania recorded at least 26 free throws made was Dec 22, 2010 against Delaware.
- Pennsylvania set season lows for assists and three-pointers.
- Pennsylvania has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- This is the 6th game at home this season--Pennsylvania has a 0.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Miles Cartwright accounted for 35.4% of the team's points.
- Miles Cartwright has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 19 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Miles Cartwright's career.
- Miles Cartwright had a career high with 10 free throws made.
- Darien Nelson-Henry has 6 straight double-digit point games.
Columbia Game Notes
- Columbia lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Lions have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Columbia has lost 26 close games.
- Brian Barbour accounted for 36.2% of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (17) than the starters (16).
- Brian Barbour has led the team in scoring 7 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Brian Barbour's career.
- Brian Barbour has 7 straight double-digit point games.