(9-11, 5-6 away)
(9-7, 5-3 home)
Venue: Jadwin Gymnasium
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 01, 2013
||J Figini 13
||S Miller 6
||M Asafo-Adjei 3
||D Koon 22
||H Brase 9
||I Hummer 4
Princeton won big against Cornell 76-59 in conference play on Friday, February 1st. The game was close at halftime, with Princeton up 35-30, but then it turned into a blowout in the second half. Ian Hummer played well for the Tigers and got 22 points and nine rebounds. Will Barrett had 14 points and added six rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). For the Big Red, Shonn Miller finished with 12 points and six rebounds. Next up for Princeton (9-7, 2-0 Ivy) is Columbia (9-8, 1-2 Ivy) on Saturday, February 2nd on their home court.
Princeton Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:00 left to go.
- Princeton started 9-7 during the 2011, 2006, 2002, 2001, 2000, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Cornell extended the Princeton winning streak to 4 games.
- Princeton beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- Princeton has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 52.9% or better.
- The Tigers have won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after recording 33 or more rebounds.
- Princeton has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record 11 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Princeton has won 71% of the time (5-2) when Denton Koon plays 32 minutes or more, 100% of the time (4-0) when T.J. Bray has 4 field goals made or more, and 80% of the time (4-1) when Will Barrett has 6 rebounds or more.
- The Tigers have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 6 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--Princeton has a 10.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Denton Koon recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 11.
- The top two scorers (Ian Hummer and Denton Koon) accounted for 57.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ian Hummer and Hans Brase) accounted for 54.5% of the rebounds.
- Ian Hummer has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 9 times in 16 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Ian Hummer's career.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Denton Koon's career.
- Denton Koon has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Denton Koon had career highs with 22 points and 7 field goals made.
Cornell Game Notes
- Cornell lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Josh Figini and Shonn Miller) accounted for 42.3% of the points.
- Shonn Miller has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 20 games this season.