(6-15, 3-11 away)
(6-16, 4-7 home)
Venue: Times Union Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 01, 2013
||M Alvarado 16
||S Richards 7
||M Alvarado 5
||R Brookins 18
||R Poole 11
||E Hymes 6
Manhattan faced off with Siena on Friday, February 1st and was narrowly defeated by the Saints 66-63 in conference play. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. The Jaspers got a team-high 16 points and five assists from Michael Alvarado. Emmy Andujar had four points and added four rebounds. Rob Poole recorded a double-double for the Saints on 13 points and 11 rebounds. Manhattan (6-15, 4-7 MAAC) takes on St. Peter's (7-14, 2-9 MAAC) on Sunday, February 3rd on their home court.
Manhattan Game Notes
- The Jaspers have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Manhattan has lost 33 close games.
- The Jaspers have lost 100% of the time this season (0-9) after having a field goal percentage of 38.9% or worse.
- Manhattan has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 2 or fewer blocks.
- When the opposition records 37 or more rebounds this season, Manhattan has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 38.5% or better this season, Manhattan has lost 89% of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition commits 14 or fewer turnovers this season, Manhattan has lost 77% of the time (3-10).
- Manhattan set a season low for turnovers.
- The Jaspers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Manhattan has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Michael Alvarado and Rhamel Brown) accounted for 46.0% of the points.
- Michael Alvarado has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 21 games this season.
Siena Game Notes
- The Saints won this one, but have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Siena has lost 20 close games.
- The top two scorers (Rakeem Brookins and Trenity Burdine) accounted for 48.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rob Poole and Trenity Burdine) accounted for 54.0% of the rebounds.
- Rakeem Brookins has led the team in scoring 3 times in 22 games this season.
- Trenity Burdine has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Rob Poole recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Rob Poole has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Rob Poole recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Rob Poole set career highs with 11 rebounds and 9 defensive rebounds.
- Rakeem Brookins set a career high with 11 free throws made.
- Evan Hymes has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Evan Hymes.
|D+||M. Jackson Jr.||18||3||1||0||0||0||1|