(6-15, 3-11 away)
(6-16, 4-7 home)
Venue: Times Union Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 01, 2013
||M Alvarado 16
||S Richards 7
||M Alvarado 5
||R Brookins 18
||R Poole 11
||E Hymes 6
Siena squared off with Manhattan on Friday, February 1st and got a slim victory over the Jaspers 66-63 in MAAC play. The Saints even the season series against Manhattan at 1-1 with the win. Rob Poole secured a double-double for the Saints including 13 points and 11 rebounds. Rakeem Brookins had a game-high 18 points and added four rebounds. For the Jaspers, Michael Alvarado finished with a team-high 16 points and five assists. Siena (6-16, 4-7 MAAC) takes on Fairfield (13-10, 5-6 MAAC) on Monday, February 4th on their home court.
Siena Game Notes
- Siena beat the spread by 6.5 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Saints have beaten the spread.
- The Saints have won 5 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Siena has won 28 close games.
- Siena has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 2 or fewer blocks.
- The Saints set a season high for free throws made.
- The Saints have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 5 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--Siena has a -4.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Rakeem Brookins and Trenity Burdine) accounted for 48.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rob Poole and Trenity Burdine) accounted for 54.0% of the rebounds.
- Rakeem Brookins has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 22 games this season.
- Trenity Burdine has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Rob Poole recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Rob Poole has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Rob Poole recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Rob Poole had career highs with 11 rebounds and 9 defensive rebounds.
- Rakeem Brookins had a career high with 11 free throws made.
- Evan Hymes has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Evan Hymes.
Manhattan Game Notes
- Manhattan lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Jaspers have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Manhattan has lost 33 close games.
- The top two scorers (Michael Alvarado and Rhamel Brown) accounted for 46.0% of the points.
- Michael Alvarado has led the team in scoring 4 times in 21 games this season.
|D+||M. Jackson Jr.||18||3||1||0||0||0||1|