Youngstown State 77
(13-9, 6-6 away)
(15-8, 11-2 home)
Venue: Calihan Hall
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 01, 2013
||K Perry 22
||D Eargle 12
||D Cole 4
||N Minnerath 27
||D Anderson 7
||R McCallum 6
On an evening when they turned the ball over 20 times, Youngstown State was tripped up by Detroit 88-77 in conference play. The Penguins are now 0-2 against Detroit this season. Damian Eargle earned a double-double in the loss including 13 points and 12 rebounds. Kendrick Perry also had a good game, scoring a team-high 22 points and adding three assists. For the Titans, Ray McCallum finished with 23 points and six assists (5 Stl 3 Reb). Next up for Youngstown State (13-9, 5-4 Horizon) is Cleveland State (10-12, 2-6 Horizon) on Tuesday, February 5th on the road.
Youngstown State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:29 left to go.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 45.0% or better this season, Youngstown State has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 15 or more assists this season, Youngstown State has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition records 9 or more three-pointers this season, Youngstown State has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- The Penguins set season highs for three-pointers and turnovers.
- The last time YSU recorded at least 11 three-pointers was Feb 25, 2012 against Detroit.
- YSU set a season low for steals.
- The Penguins have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 5 games.
- Damian Eargle recorded a team season high in blocks with 7.
- The top two scorers (Kendrick Perry and Kamren Belin) accounted for 53.2% of the points.
- Damian Eargle accounted for 31.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Kendrick Perry has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 22 games this season.
- Damian Eargle has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Kendrick Perry's career.
- Kendrick Perry has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Damian Eargle recorded the 15th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Damian Eargle has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Damian Eargle recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 11th of his career.
- Kamren Belin has 5 straight double-digit point games.
Detroit Game Notes
- Nick Minnerath accounted for 30.6% of the team's points.
- Nick Minnerath has led the team in scoring 4 times in 23 games this season.
- Doug Anderson has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 23 games this season.
- This marks the 27th 20-point game of Ray McCallum's career.
- Ray McCallum has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Ray McCallum set a career high with 5 steals.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Nick Minnerath's career.
- Nick Minnerath has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Doug Anderson has 6 straight double-digit point games.
|C+||S. Amiker Jr.||9||4||1||2||0||0||1|
|C+||J. Howard Jr.||29||5||4||3||0||1||1|