Youngstown State 77
(13-9, 6-6 away)
(15-8, 11-2 home)
Venue: Calihan Hall
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 01, 2013
||K Perry 22
||D Eargle 12
||D Cole 4
||N Minnerath 27
||D Anderson 7
||R McCallum 6
On Friday, February 1st, Detroit turned the ball over just nine times and beat Youngstown State 88-77 in conference action. The Titans remain unbeaten against Youngstown State this season at 2-0. Ray McCallum played well for the Titans and put up 23 points and six assists (5 Stl 3 Reb). Nick Minnerath had a game-high 27 points and added five rebounds. Damian Eargle recorded a double-double for the Penguins on 13 points and 12 rebounds. Detroit (15-8, 7-3 Horizon) gets Milwaukee (5-18, 1-8 Horizon) on the road on Thursday, February 7th.
Detroit Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:29 left to go.
- Detroit started 15-8 during the 2000 and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Youngstown State extended the Detroit winning streak to 3 games.
- Detroit has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when its three-point percentage has been 45.0% or better.
- The Titans have won 91% of the time this season (10-1) after recording 15 or more assists.
- Detroit has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after committing 9 or fewer turnovers.
- Detroit has won 83% of the time this season (10-2) when opponents record 12 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Detroit has won 75% of the time (9-3) when Doug Anderson has 11 points or more, 75% of the time (6-2) when Jason Calliste plays 37 minutes or more, and 79% of the time (11-3) when Nick Minnerath has 5 rebounds or more.
- Detroit set a season low for blocks.
- The Titans have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--Detroit has a 14.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Nick Minnerath accounted for 30.6% of the team's points.
- Nick Minnerath has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 23 games this season.
- Doug Anderson has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 23 games this season.
- This marks the 27th 20-point game of Ray McCallum's career.
- Ray McCallum has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Ray McCallum had a career high with 5 steals.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Nick Minnerath's career.
- Nick Minnerath has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Doug Anderson has 6 straight double-digit point games.
Youngstown State Game Notes
- Damian Eargle recorded a team season high in blocks with 7.
- The top two scorers (Kendrick Perry and Kamren Belin) accounted for 53.2% of the points.
- Damian Eargle accounted for 31.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Kendrick Perry has led the team in scoring 12 times in 22 games this season.
- Damian Eargle has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Kendrick Perry's career.
- Kendrick Perry has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Damian Eargle recorded the 15th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Damian Eargle has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Damian Eargle recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 11th of his career.
- Kamren Belin has 5 straight double-digit point games.
|C+||S. Amiker Jr.||9||4||1||2||0||0||1|
|C+||J. Howard Jr.||29||5||4||3||0||1||1|