|Georgia||K Caldwell-Pope 17.5||K Caldwell-Pope 6.6||C Mann 2.9|
|South Carolina||L Page 11.7||M Carrera 7.0||E Smith 3.4|
Georgia visits Colonial Life Arena on Saturday to take on South Carolina. It takes place at 1:30 EST and you can catch it on SEC Network. The Bulldogs are 4-4 against the Gamecocks over the last four years. They won 67-55 on 3/3/2012 the last time they played.
Georgia maintains 6th place in the SEC while South Carolina is in 10th place.
In a 57-49 win over Auburn on January 30th, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope put up 20 points and 10 rebounds for the Bulldogs. With 17.5 points per game, 6.6 rebounds per game, and 2.4 steals per game, he leads the team in all three categories. The Gamecocks were defeated by Florida 75-36 on January 30th despite 13 points and 9 rebounds from Michael Carrera. He is averaging 9.8 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 7.0 per game.
There is one important category where South Carolina has a statistical edge, scoring, where the Gamecocks have the upper hand over the Bulldogs, 69 points per game to 59 points per game. One category in which South Carolina is especially proficient is offensive rebounding percentage at 41.3, ranking 1st in their conference (and 5th nationally).
South Carolina StatSmack
- Even computers respect Georgia more. We have a better RPI this season than South Carolina (RPI: #141 vs #189).
- How does our back look? Georgia is ranked higher than South Carolina in the SEC (#7 vs #10).
- It must sting. Georgia has blown out South Carolina by 20 points or more on 3 occasions since 1998.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Georgia has a stronger schedule than South Carolina this season (SOS Rank: #40 vs #242).
- Georgia is better under pressure, and has defeated South Carolina in 6 out of the last 11 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- The Georgia scoring leader (Kentavious Caldwell-Pope) has more points than the South Carolina scoring leader (Brenton Williams).
- The Georgia three-point leader (Kentavious Caldwell-Pope) has more three-pointers than the South Carolina three-point leader (Brenton Williams).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Georgia has had more players drafted by the NBA than South Carolina (4 vs 1).
- Georgia has more Top 10 Director's Cup finishes than South Carolina (8 vs 0)