(7-13, 2-11 away)
(11-6, 8-1 home)
Venue: Lavietes Pavilion
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 01, 2013
||A Cotton 14
||M Townsend 6
||J Duren 4
||W Saunders 15
||S Moundou-Missi 7
||W Saunders 11
Yale was narrowly defeated by Harvard 67-64 in conference play on Friday, February 1st. The Bulldogs got a team-high 14 points and three rebounds from Armani Cotton. Matt Townsend had eight points and added six rebounds. Wesley Saunders registered a double-double for the Crimson on 15 points and 11 assists. Yale (7-13, 1-2 Ivy) takes on Dartmouth (4-13, 0-3 Ivy) on Saturday, February 2nd on the road.
Yale Game Notes
- The last time Yale started the season 7-13 was 2000.
- Yale beat the spread by 8.0 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- The Bulldogs have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Yale has lost 18 close games.
- Yale has lost 100% of the time this season (0-8) after recording 2 or fewer blocks.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 54.8% or better this season, Yale has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 67 or more total points this season, Yale has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 8 or more three-pointers this season, Yale has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- Armani Cotton has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 20 games this season.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Javier Duren.
Harvard Game Notes
- Harvard won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Crimson won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Harvard has lost 20 close games.
- Wesley Saunders recorded a team season high in assists with 11.
- The top two scorers (Laurent Rivard and Wesley Saunders) accounted for 44.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Steve Moundou-Missi and Christian Webster) accounted for 46.4% of the rebounds.
- Laurent Rivard has led the team in scoring 4 times in 17 games this season.
- Steve Moundou-Missi has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 17 games this season.
- This game was the 1st double-digit assist game of Wesley Saunders's career.
- Wesley Saunders has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- Wesley Saunders recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Wesley Saunders set a career high with 11 assists.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Laurent Rivard.