|Wake Forest||T McKie 15.0||T McKie 8.0||C Miller-McIntyre 2.7|
|Maryland||A Len 12.8||A Len 8.1||P Howard 4.5|
Maryland hosts Wake Forest at Comcast Center on Saturday. Tip-off is at 2:00 EST and you can see it on RSN or NESN. The Terrapins are 5-2 against the Demon Deacons over the last four years. The last time they met (3/8/2012) they won 82-60.
Maryland is tied with Wake Forest for the 8th spot in the conference.
The Terrapins fell 73-71 to Florida State on January 30th. Dezmine Wells finished with 19 points in the loss. He tallies 12.2 points per game in addition to a team-best 0.9 steals per game. For the Demon Deacons, Travis McKie put up 14 points and 7 rebounds in the 75-70 loss to Duke on January 30th. He puts up a team-leading 15.0 points per game, 8.0 rebounds per game, and 1.6 steals per game.
Maryland looks to have the advantage over Wake Forest in one significant area, rebounding, where the Terrapins have an edge over the Demon Deacons, 42 per game to 33 per game. Wake Forest will hope to exploit their strength in free throw rate in this matchup. Their mark of 45.6 in this area ranks 1st in the conference and 7th in the country.
Wake Forest StatSmack
- It's only wins and losses, but Maryland has a better overall record than Wake Forest this season (15-5 vs 10-9).
- Maryland embarrassed Wake Forest by 22 points the last time they played (Mar 08, 2012).
- The Maryland blocks leader (Alex Len) has more blocks than the Wake Forest blocks leader (Devin Thomas).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Maryland has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Wake Forest (14 vs 8).
- We just win. Maryland has more wins over the last 5 years than Wake Forest (115 vs 92).
- Maryland can actually jump, with more rebounds (43.0 per game vs 33.7 per game) than Wake Forest this season.
- Dezmine Wells is ranked 10th in the ACC in assists.
- Alex Len is ranked 6th in the ACC in rebounds and 3rd in the ACC in blocks.
- The Maryland assist leader (Pe`Shon Howard) has more assists than the Wake Forest assist leader (Codi Miller-McIntyre).
- Maryland is better under pressure, and has defeated Wake Forest in 5 out of the last 9 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
|C-||A. Adala Moto||16||5||4||0||1||0||1|
|D+||A. Roundtree III||12||3||2||1||1||1||1|