TCU vs. Texas: Full Game Preview
|TCU||K Anderson 11.6||A McKinney 6.9||K Anderson 3.4|
|Texas||S McClellan 14.8||J Holmes 7.1||J Felix 5.8|
On Saturday, TCU travels to Frank C. Erwin, Jr., Special Events Center to take on Texas. It gets started at 8:00 EST and you can catch it on Longhorn Network. The Horned Frogs have not played the Longhorns since the 2007-08 season, when they lost 67-59.
A win here would help close the gap with Texas in the Big 12, who are in 9th place and just above TCU in 10th place.
In spite of 15 points and 8 rebounds from Adrick McKinney, the Horned Frogs came up short 82-56 against Baylor on January 26th. He is averaging 8.3 points per game while also contributing a team-high 6.9 rebounds per game. The Longhorns were defeated by Kansas State 83-57 on January 30th despite 12 points and 8 rebounds from Jaylen Bond. He contributes 3.7 rebounds per game in addition to his 2.8 points per game.
Reviewing current performance metrics, Texas has an edge in one significant category, scoring, where the Longhorns have the upper hand over the Horned Frogs, 64 points per game to 54 points per game.
- TCU players are more experienced than Texas players (10,946 minutes played vs 7,079 minutes played).
- Devonta Abron is ranked 10th in the Big 12 in blocks.
- At least you keep showing up. TCU has an average margin of victory of 9 over Texas in 15 wins since 1980.
- Winning is in our blood. TCU has a better record in close games than Texas this season (5-2 vs 1-5).
- Kyan Anderson is ranked 8th in the Big 12 in assists and 5th in the Big 12 in steals.
- TCU allows fewer rebounds (33.6 allowed per game vs 37.1 allowed per game) than Texas this season.
- Adrick McKinney is ranked 7th in the Big 12 in rebounds.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? TCU currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (948 to 1000) than Texas, per the NCAA.
- The TCU basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Texas (93% vs 42%).
- The TCU rebounding leader (Adrick McKinney) has more rebounds than the Texas rebounding leader (Jonathan Holmes).
|D+||N. Butler Lind||28||5||2||2||1||1||2|
|D||C. Hill Jr.||18||3||2||0||0||0||1|
|D||Clyde Smith III||11||1||1||1||0||0||1|