|Eastern Illinois||S Blanford 10.9||S Blanford 6.0||A Akers 4.0|
|SIU Edwardsville||J Jones 15.5||M Yelovich 5.8||K Davis 3.2|
On Saturday, SIU Edwardsville hosts Eastern Illinois at Vadalabene Center. It gets started at 8:00 EST. The Cougars are 0-2 against the Panthers over the last four years. They lost 73-66 the last time they played (2/15/2012).
Eastern Illinois is in 8th place in the Ohio Valley and will be trying to close the gap with SIU Edwardsville, who is currently in 7th place.
The Cougars were defeated by Tennessee-Martin 65-62 on January 26th despite 16 points and 7 rebounds from Mark Yelovich. He tallies 10.7 points per game in addition to a team-best 5.8 rebounds per game. In a 78-72 victory over Southeast Missouri State on January 26th, Sherman Blanford put up 21 points and 16 rebounds for the Panthers. He contributes a team-leading 10.9 points per game, 6.0 rebounds per game, and 1.3 steals per game.
Eastern Illinois StatSmack
- We make our fans proud. SIU Edwardsville has a better record at home than Eastern Illinois this season (6-3 vs 3-7).
- Even computers respect SIU Edwardsville more. We have a better RPI this season than Eastern Illinois (RPI: #276 vs #293).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? SIU Edwardsville currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (948 to 946) than Eastern Illinois, per the NCAA.
- SIU Edwardsville players are more experienced than Eastern Illinois players (10,764 minutes played vs 6,118 minutes played).
- The SIU Edwardsville scoring leader (Jerome Jones) has more points than the Eastern Illinois scoring leader (Sherman Blanford).
- SIU Edwardsville is better at defending the three (31.1% allowed vs 39.3% allowed) than Eastern Illinois this season.
- The SIU Edwardsville three-point leader (Jerome Jones) has more three-pointers than the Eastern Illinois three-point leader (Josh Piper).
- SIU Edwardsville is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on SIU Edwardsville is 210 lbs compared to 197 lbs for Eastern Illinois.
- Jerome Jones is ranked 8th in the Ohio Valley in three-pointers.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. SIU Edwardsville has a stronger schedule than Eastern Illinois this season (SOS Rank: #224 vs #241).