Houston vs. Southern Methodist: Full Game Preview
|Houston||J Young 16.8||T Thomas 10.0||J Thompson 3.6|
|Southern Methodist||J Jones 15.1||J Jones 8.1||N Russell 4.3|
On Saturday, Southern Methodist plays host to Houston at Moody Coliseum. It gets started at 3:00 EST and you can catch it on Time Warner Texas. The Mustangs lost to the Cougars 78-67 on January 9th and are 3-7 against them over the last four years.
Both teams share 9th place in the conference.
In a 68-57 win over Marshall on January 30th, Jalen Jones put up 19 points and 8 rebounds for the Mustangs. He leads the team in points with 15.1 per game and rebounds with 8.1 per game. For the Cougars, TaShawn Thomas finished with 15 points and 10 rebounds in the 79-69 loss to Rice on January 30th. He leads the team in rebounds with 10.0 per game, blocks with 2.0 per game, and steals with 1.2 per game. Houston ranks 2nd in their conference in turnover percentage at 18.3, which also places them 69th in the country.
- The Southern Methodist basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Houston (92% vs 50%).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Southern Methodist has a stronger schedule than Houston this season (SOS Rank: #216 vs #341).
- Nick Russell is ranked 5th in C-USA in assists and 8th in C-USA in steals.
- Even computers respect Southern Methodist more. We have a better RPI this season than Houston (RPI: #177 vs #231).
- Southern Methodist allows fewer rebounds (31.0 allowed per game vs 35.6 allowed per game) than Houston this season.
- Southern Methodist has a better scoring defense (61.4 allowed per game vs 70.4 allowed per game) than Houston this season.
- Jalen Jones is ranked 3rd in C-USA in points and 5th in C-USA in rebounds.
- The Southern Methodist steals leader (Nick Russell) has more steals than the Houston steals leader (TaShawn Thomas).
- Cannen Cunningham is ranked 6th in C-USA in blocks.
|D+||K. Dunleavy Jr.||2||0||0||0||0||0||0|