Wichita State vs. Northern Iowa: Full Game Preview
|Wichita State||C Early 15.2||C Hall 7.8||M Armstead 3.9|
|Northern Iowa||A James 12.2||J Koch 6.4||D Mitchell 3.5|
On Saturday, No. 15 Wichita State heads to McLeod Center to take on Northern Iowa. The game tips off at 4:00 EST and it can be seen on ESPN 2. The Shockers defeated the Panthers 66-41 on December 30th and are 6-4 against them over the past four years.
Wichita State is in 1st place in the conference, Northern Iowa is in 6th place.
In their last match-up, Cleanthony Early finished with 15 points and 11 rebounds in the Shockers 68-55 loss against Indiana State on January 29th. With 15.2 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. For the Panthers, Seth Tuttle put up 9 points and 8 assists in the 54-51 loss to Evansville on January 29th. He is averaging 11.0 points and 6.0 rebounds per game.
Northern Iowa StatSmack
- Wichita State has a better conference record than Northern Iowa this season (8-2 vs 4-6).
- Cleanthony Early is ranked 5th in the Missouri Valley in points and 6th in the Missouri Valley in blocks.
- The Wichita State assist leader (Malcolm Armstead) has more assists than the Northern Iowa assist leader (Deon Mitchell).
- It's only wins and losses, but Wichita State has a better overall record than Northern Iowa this season (19-3 vs 11-11).
- The Wichita State scoring leader (Cleanthony Early) has more points than the Northern Iowa scoring leader (Seth Tuttle).
- Wichita State can actually jump, with more rebounds (38.6 per game vs 32.1 per game) than Northern Iowa this season.
- Wichita State is better at defending the three (30.5% allowed vs 34.3% allowed) than Northern Iowa this season.
- How does our back look? Wichita State is ranked higher than Northern Iowa in the Missouri Valley (#1 vs #6).
- AP voters think more highly of Wichita State and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Northern Iowa (16 vs 10).
- We beat real teams. Wichita State has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Northern Iowa this season (3 vs 0).
- Better not leave your building. Wichita State has a better record on the road than Northern Iowa this season (5-2 vs 2-5).
|C-||Fred Van Vleet||15||3||2||2||1||0||1|