UNLV vs. Boise State: Full Game Preview
|UNLV||A Bennett 18.1||A Bennett 8.6||A Marshall 6.0|
|Boise State||D Marks 16.6||R Watkins 7.9||D Marks 3.6|
UNLV heads to Taco Bell Arena on Saturday to take on Boise State. Tip-off is at 9:00 EST and it can be seen on TWCSN. The Rebels are 3-0 against the Broncos over the last four years. They won 75-58 on 2/22/2012 the last time they played.
UNLV is in 2nd place in the conference, Boise State is in 6th place.
In their last game, Khem Birch put up 14 points and 7 rebounds in the Rebels 66-54 win over Nevada on January 29th. He is averaging 8.8 points per game and leads the team in blocks with 2.3 per game. For the Broncos, Anthony Drmic finished with 12 points and 5 rebounds in the 77-57 loss to Colorado State on January 30th. He is averaging 16.1 points and 4.8 rebounds per game.
Digging into season numbers, UNLV has the advantage in one key category, rebounding, where the Rebels have an edge over the Broncos, 41 per game to 34 per game. Boise State will hope to exploit their strengths, which include: defensive rebounding percentage at 75.6 and effective field goal percentage at 53.7.
Boise State StatSmack
- AP voters think more highly of UNLV and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Boise State (43 vs 1).
- Even computers respect UNLV more. We have a better RPI this season than Boise State (RPI: #15 vs #63).
- Diaper Dandies love us. UNLV has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Boise State (8 vs 0).
- UNLV embarrassed Boise State by 17 points the last time they played (Feb 22, 2012).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 UNLV has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Boise State (2 vs 0).
- Katin Reinhardt is ranked 7th in the Mountain West in three-pointers and 8th in the Mountain West in assists.
- It's only wins and losses, but UNLV has a better overall record than Boise State this season (17-4 vs 14-6).
- Anthony Bennett is ranked 42nd nationally in points, 3rd in the Mountain West in rebounds, and 5th in the Mountain West in blocks.
- UNLV does a better job contesting shots (38.0% allowed vs 43.4% allowed) than Boise State this season.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? UNLV currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (961 to 956) than Boise State, per the NCAA.
- UNLV takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Boise State (5 vs 1).