|Southern Illinois||D Jackson 16.2||J Early 7.5||K Brown-Surles 2.4|
|Illinois State||J Carmichael 18.0||J Carmichael 9.3||K Keane 3.8|
On Saturday, Southern Illinois travels to Redbird Arena to take on Illinois State. Tip-off occurs at 4:05 EST and you can catch it on CSN-CHI. The Salukis fell to the Redbirds 70-56 on January 20th and are 4-6 against them over the last four years.
Southern Illinois is in 10th place in the conference and just behind 9th place Illinois State with a chance to close in.
In their last match-up, Desmar Jackson finished with 15 points and 9 rebounds in the Salukis 61-56 loss against Drake on January 30th. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 16.2 points per game and 2.1 steals per game. For the Redbirds, John Wilkins put up 16 points and 6 rebounds in the 83-77 loss to Bradley on January 29th. He contributes 3.3 rebounds per game in addition to his 6.0 points per game.
Illinois State has a statistical edge over Southern Illinois in one specific area, scoring, where the Redbirds have the upper hand over the Salukis, 74 points per game to 64 points per game.
Illinois State StatSmack
- Desmar Jackson is ranked 4th in the Missouri Valley in points, 9th in the Missouri Valley in rebounds, and 30th nationally in steals.
- Jeff Early is ranked 6th in the Missouri Valley in rebounds and 8th in the Missouri Valley in steals.
- The Southern Illinois steals leader (Desmar Jackson) has more steals than the Illinois State steals leader (Tyler Brown).
- The Southern Illinois basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Illinois State (100% vs 67%).
- Dantiel Daniels is ranked 9th in the Missouri Valley in blocks.
- Southern Illinois has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (57.05% to 54.22%).
- At least you keep showing up. Southern Illinois has an average margin of victory of 9 over Illinois State in 39 wins since 1981.
- Southern Illinois is better under pressure, and has defeated Illinois State in 4 out of the last 7 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Southern Illinois allows fewer rebounds (31.6 allowed per game vs 35.0 allowed per game) than Illinois State this season.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Southern Illinois has come back to win after being down at half against Illinois State 3 times since 2002.
|C||A. Beane Jr.||31||10||2||2||1||0||2|