Toledo vs. Northern Illinois: Full Game Preview
|Toledo||R Pearson 18.6||R Pearson 6.3||J Brown 5.5|
|Northern Illinois||A Nader 14.2||A Nader 5.3||D Balls 2.2|
Toledo heads to Convocation Center (IL) on Saturday to take on Northern Illinois. Tip-off is at 4:00 EST. The Rockets are 2-6 against the Huskies over the last four years. They fell 65-61 on 2/29/2012, the last time they met.
Toledo is in 4th place in the MAC and needs to hold off Northern Illinois who sit just south in 6th place.
In their last game, Rian Pearson put up 24 points in the Rockets 85-78 win over Ball State on January 30th. An integral part of the team, he leads the way in points (18.6), rebounds (6.3), and steals (1.7). In a 67-65 victory over Kent State on January 30th, Abdel Nader put up 26 points and 11 rebounds for the Huskies. He contributes a team-leading 14.2 points per game, 5.3 rebounds per game, and 1.7 steals per game.
Toledo appears to have a key statistical advantage over Northern Illinois in one area, scoring, where the Rockets have an edge over the Huskies, 68 points per game to 56 points per game.
Northern Illinois StatSmack
- At least you keep showing up. Toledo has an average margin of victory of 9 over Northern Illinois in 26 wins since 1980.
- Even computers respect Toledo more. We have a better RPI this season than Northern Illinois (RPI: #185 vs #268).
- Nathan Boothe is ranked 6th in the MAC in blocks.
- Toledo is a better shooting team (43.1% vs 36.2%) than Northern Illinois this season.
- Dominique Buckley is ranked 9th in the MAC in three-pointers and 10th in the MAC in steals.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Toledo has come back to win after being down at half against Northern Illinois 4 times since 1999.
- Toledo is a better free-throw-shooting team (79.0% vs 66.4%) than Northern Illinois this season.
- The Toledo scoring leader (Rian Pearson) has more points than the Northern Illinois scoring leader (Abdel Nader).
- Toledo players are more experienced than Northern Illinois players (12,821 minutes played vs 9,127 minutes played).
- Julius Brown is ranked 4th in the MAC in assists.