|Alabama||T Releford 15.9||M Gueye 4.4||T Lacey 3.6|
|Vanderbilt||K Johnson 14.8||K Bright 5.7||K Johnson 3.2|
Alabama travels to Memorial Gym (TN) on Saturday to take on Vanderbilt. Tip-off is at 4:00 EST and it can be seen on SEC Network. The Crimson Tide are 1-4 against the Commodores over the last four years. They lost 69-59 the last time they played (1/19/2012).
Alabama is in 3rd place in the conference, Vanderbilt is in 10th place.
In their last outing, behind 14 points and 6 rebounds from Trevor Lacey, the Crimson Tide defeated Arkansas 59-56 on January 31st. On top of a team-high 3.6 assists per game, he also scores 12.2 points per game. For the Commodores, Sheldon Jeter put up 8 points and 7 rebounds in the 58-57 loss to Tennessee on January 29th. He is averaging 5.4 points and 3.3 rebounds per game.
- Alabama has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (63.49% to 58.65%).
- Trevor Releford is ranked 9th in the SEC in points and 7th in the SEC in steals.
- Even computers respect Alabama more. We have a better RPI this season than Vanderbilt (RPI: #59 vs #127).
- The Alabama three-point leader (Trevor Lacey) has more three-pointers than the Vanderbilt three-point leader (Kedren Johnson).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Alabama has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Vanderbilt (10 vs 1).
- Alabama is a better free-throw-shooting team (69.3% vs 59.3%) than Vanderbilt this season.
- Moussa Gueye is ranked 4th in the SEC in blocks.
- Alabama has more Top 50 Director's Cup finishes than Vanderbilt (18 vs 3)
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Alabama currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (984 to 971) than Vanderbilt, per the NCAA.
- Trevor Lacey is ranked 8th in the SEC in three-pointers and 6th in the SEC in assists.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Alabama has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Vanderbilt (14 vs 2).