|Oklahoma State||M Brown 14.8||P Jurick 7.2||M Smart 4.6|
|Kansas||B McLemore 16.1||J Withey 8.3||E Johnson 4.8|
On Saturday, Oklahoma State visits Allen Fieldhouse to take on No. 2 Kansas. It takes place at 4:00 EST and you can catch it on Big 12 Net, YES, MASN. The Cowboys are 1-5 against the Jayhawks over the last four years. They lost 70-58 the last time they played (2/27/2012).
Oklahoma State is in 5th place in the conference, Kansas is in 1st place.
In their last match-up, Marcus Smart finished with 21 points and 6 rebounds in the Cowboys 78-76 victory over Iowa State on January 30th. On top of his scoring average of 13.6 points per game, he delivers 5.6 rebounds per game. In a 61-56 victory over West Virginia on January 28th, Jeff Withey put up 15 points and 7 rebounds for the Jayhawks. With 8.3 rebounds per game and 4.3 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. A key area of strength for Kansas is effective field goal percentage at 53.5, which ranks 1st in their conference (and 26th nationally).
- The Oklahoma State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Kansas (92% vs 80%).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Oklahoma State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (928 to 1000) than Kansas, per the NCAA.
- Marcus Smart is ranked 10th in the Big 12 in points, 6th in the Big 12 in assists, and 10th nationally in steals.
- Kansas has to pay up to win. The coach for Oklahoma State has a much lower base salary than Kansas ($1,800,000 vs $3,375,656).
- At least you keep showing up. Oklahoma State has an average margin of victory of 9 over Kansas in 18 wins since 1980.
- The Oklahoma State steals leader (Marcus Smart) has more steals than the Kansas steals leader (Travis Releford).
- Oklahoma State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Oklahoma State is 216 lbs compared to 205 lbs for Kansas.
- Phil Forte is ranked 2nd in the Big 12 in three-pointers and 6th in the Big 12 in steals.
- Philip Jurick is ranked 8th in the Big 12 in rebounds and 8th in the Big 12 in blocks.
|C-||A. White III||6||3||2||0||0||0||1|