|Wichita State||C Early 15.2||C Hall 7.8||M Armstead 3.9|
|Northern Iowa||A James 12.2||J Koch 6.4||D Mitchell 3.5|
Northern Iowa hosts No. 15 Wichita State at McLeod Center on Saturday. Tip-off is at 4:00 EST and you can see it on ESPN 2. The Panthers fell to the Shockers 66-41 on December 30th and are 4-6 against them over the last four years.
Northern Iowa is 6th in the conference and Wichita State is 1st. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In their last match-up on January 29th, Marc Sonnen put up 11 points for the Panthers in a loss to Evansville, 54-51. He is putting up 9.6 points per game while also averaging 2.3 rebounds per game. For the Shockers, Cleanthony Early finished with 15 points and 11 rebounds in the 68-55 loss to Indiana State on January 29th. His 15.2 points per game is the highest mark on the team. Wichita State will hope to exploit their strengths, which include: offensive rebounding percentage at 38.9 and defensive rebounding percentage at 73.5.
Wichita State StatSmack
- Northern Iowa takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Wichita State (5 vs 2).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Northern Iowa has a stronger schedule than Wichita State this season (SOS Rank: #46 vs #92).
- Northern Iowa is better under pressure, and has defeated Wichita State in 9 out of the last 12 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Marc Sonnen is ranked 35th nationally in three-pointers.
- Northern Iowa is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Northern Iowa is 213 lbs compared to 208 lbs for Wichita State.
- At least you keep showing up. Northern Iowa has an average margin of victory of 8 over Wichita State in 24 wins since 1991.
- Northern Iowa is a better three-point shooting team (36.9% vs 32.6%) than Wichita State this season.
- Northern Iowa is a better free-throw-shooting team (75.7% vs 67.9%) than Wichita State this season.
- The Northern Iowa rebounding leader (Jake Koch) has more rebounds than the Wichita State rebounding leader (Carl Hall).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Northern Iowa has come back to win after being down at half against Wichita State 6 times since 2001.
|C-||Fred Van Vleet||15||3||2||2||1||0||1|