|Austin Peay||T Betran 17.4||C Horton 6.5||T Betran 2.9|
|Murray State||I Canaan 21.1||E Daniel 11.0||I Canaan 4.1|
Murray State welcomes Austin Peay to CFSB Center on Saturday. It gets started at 1:00 EST and it can be seen on ESPN U. The Racers beat the Governors 71-68 on January 12th and are 6-4 against them over the last four years.
Murray State is 2nd in the conference and Austin Peay is 12th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The Racers fell 65-64 to Jacksonville State on January 26th. Isaiah Canaan finished with 20 points in the loss. He contributes a team-leading 21.1 points per game, 4.1 assists per game, and 1.5 steals per game. The Governors were defeated by Tennessee Tech 70-52 on January 26th despite 13 points and 5 rebounds from Will Triggs. He contributes 5.0 rebounds per game in addition to his 12.6 points per game.
Austin Peay StatSmack
- Murray State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Murray State is 198 lbs compared to 191 lbs for Austin Peay.
- We make our fans proud. Murray State has a better record at home than Austin Peay this season (6-2 vs 4-5).
- We just win. Murray State has more wins over the last 5 years than Austin Peay (137 vs 97).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Murray State has a stronger schedule than Austin Peay this season (SOS Rank: #238 vs #290).
- It's only wins and losses, but Murray State has a better overall record than Austin Peay this season (15-5 vs 5-17).
- Murray State is better at defending the three (29.9% allowed vs 33.7% allowed) than Austin Peay this season.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Murray State has come back to win after being down at half against Austin Peay 5 times since 1999.
- Boom! Murray State defeated Austin Peay by 3 points the last time they played (Jan 12, 2013).
- The Murray State scoring leader (Isaiah Canaan) has more points than the Austin Peay scoring leader (Travis Betran).
- AP voters think more highly of Murray State and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Austin Peay (14 vs 0).