|Sacred Heart||S Gibson 20.2||L Montes 6.5||P Gaetano 8.0|
|Mount St. Mary's||R Whack 11.9||K Krajina 3.6||J Castellanos 3.7|
Sacred Heart visits Knott Arena on Saturday to take on Mount St. Mary's. The game tips off at 4:00 EST. The Pioneers are 1-7 against the Mountaineers over the last four years. They fell 81-80 on 1/28/2012, the last time they met.
Sacred Heart is currently in 2nd place in the NEC and Mount St. Mary's is in 9th.
In their last match-up, Shane Gibson finished with 22 points in the Pioneers 84-78 loss against Wagner on January 31st. He leads the team with 20.2 points per game. For the Mountaineers, Julian Norfleet finished with 13 points in the 77-73 win over Quinnipiac on January 31st. He contributes 2.1 assists per game in addition to his 10.0 points per game.
Sacred Heart looks to have the advantage over Mount St. Mary's in one significant area, rebounding, where the Pioneers have an edge over the Mountaineers, 34 per game to 25 per game. A key area of strength for Mount St. Mary's is turnover percentage at 18.6, which ranks 2nd in their conference (and 90th nationally).
Mount St. Mary's StatSmack
- Sacred Heart can actually jump, with more rebounds (34.2 per game vs 25.8 per game) than Mount St. Mary's this season.
- Sacred Heart has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (44.41% to 41.02%).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Sacred Heart has a stronger schedule than Mount St. Mary's this season (SOS Rank: #147 vs #162).
- The Sacred Heart scoring leader (Shane Gibson) has more points than the Mount St. Mary's scoring leader (Rashad Whack).
- The Sacred Heart blocks leader (Nick Greenbacker) has more blocks than the Mount St. Mary's blocks leader (Raven Barber).
- Sacred Heart has a better conference record than Mount St. Mary's this season (6-2 vs 2-6).
- Sacred Heart is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Sacred Heart is 205 lbs compared to 189 lbs for Mount St. Mary's.
- At least you keep showing up. Sacred Heart has an average margin of victory of 11 over Mount St. Mary's in 7 wins since 1999.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Sacred Heart currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (971 to 961) than Mount St. Mary's, per the NCAA.
- Sacred Heart does a better job contesting shots (44.7% allowed vs 54.9% allowed) than Mount St. Mary's this season.
- Nick Greenbacker is ranked 7th in the NEC in blocks.
|D||M. Abdel Latif||10||1||2||0||0||1||1|