Denver vs. Texas State: Full Game Preview
|Denver||C Udofia 12.0||R O`Neale 5.9||R O`Neale 3.4|
|Texas State||J Wright 17.3||J Wright 6.6||V Jones 3.0|
On Saturday, Denver travels to Strahan Coliseum to take on Texas State. Tip-off is at 3:00 EST. The Pioneers beat the Bobcats 64-53 on January 3rd.
Denver is in 2nd place in the conference, Texas State is in 7th place.
In a 71-57 triumph over Texas-San Antonio on January 31st, Brett Olson put up 16 points for the Pioneers. He is averaging 9.8 points and 2.0 rebounds per game. For the Bobcats, Matt Staff put up 20 points and 10 rebounds in the 86-72 loss to New Mexico State on January 31st. He averages 11.5 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.1 blocks per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Texas State is strong in turnover percentage at 19.0. This is good enough for 2nd in the conference and 106th in the nation.
Texas State StatSmack
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Denver has a stronger schedule than Texas State this season (SOS Rank: #135 vs #188).
- Royce O`Neale is ranked 8th in the WAC in assists and 6th in the WAC in steals.
- The Denver blocks leader (Chris Udofia) has more blocks than the Texas State blocks leader (Matt Staff).
- Boom! Denver crushed Texas State by 11 points the last time they played (Jan 03, 2013).
- We just win. Denver has more wins over the last 5 years than Texas State (91 vs 78).
- Denver has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (55.94% to 45.14%).
- The Denver three-point leader (Brett Olson) has more three-pointers than the Texas State three-point leader (Wesley Davis).
- Chase Hallam is ranked 8th in the WAC in three-pointers and 4th in the WAC in steals.
- We make our fans proud. Denver has a better record at home than Texas State this season (8-2 vs 3-7).
- The Denver basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Texas State (87% vs 45%).
- Chris Udofia is ranked 10th in the WAC in points, 7th in the WAC in assists, 10th in the WAC in steals, and 34th nationally in blocks.
|F||Basil Brown II||7||1||1||0||0||0||0|