|Green Bay||K Sykes 15.4||J Fouse 7.1||K Sykes 4.2|
|Loyola (IL)||B Averkamp 15.5||B Averkamp 6.7||C Payne 4.3|
Green Bay heads to Joseph J. Gentile Arena on Saturday to take on Loyola (Chicago). Tip-off is at 2:00 EST and you can see it on CSN-CHI or ESPN3.com. The Phoenix beat the Ramblers 58-45 on January 9th and are 7-2 against them over the last four years.
Green Bay is 4th in the Horizon and Loyola (Chicago) is in 7th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The Phoenix were defeated by UIC 60-57 on January 31st despite 18 points from Keifer Sykes. He leads the team in points with 15.4 per game and assists with 4.2 per game. For the Ramblers, Ben Averkamp finished with 22 points and 12 rebounds in the 76-65 win over Milwaukee on January 30th. He leads the team in points with 15.5 per game, rebounds with 6.7 per game, and blocks with 1.2 per game. One category in which Loyola (Chicago) is especially proficient is defensive rebounding percentage at 72.2, ranking 2nd in their conference (and 45th nationally).
Loyola (Chicago) StatSmack
- The Green Bay steals leader (Jordan Fouse) has more steals than the Loyola steals leader (Cully Payne).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Green Bay has come back to win after being down at half against Loyola 4 times since 1996.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Green Bay has a stronger schedule than Loyola this season (SOS Rank: #166 vs #283).
- The Green Bay blocks leader (Alec Brown) has more blocks than the Loyola blocks leader (Ben Averkamp).
- Alec Brown is ranked 4th in the Horizon in rebounds and 2nd in the Horizon in blocks.
- We just win. Green Bay has more wins over the last 5 years than Loyola (99 vs 76).
- Green Bay has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (55.83% to 42.81%).
- At least you keep showing up. Green Bay has an average margin of victory of 11 over Loyola in 25 wins since 1994.
- Green Bay is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Green Bay is 206 lbs compared to 195 lbs for Loyola.
- The Green Bay rebounding leader (Jordan Fouse) has more rebounds than the Loyola rebounding leader (Ben Averkamp).