SE Louisiana vs. Oral Roberts: Full Game Preview
|SE Louisiana||B Fortenberry 13.2||R Johnson 8.3||B Fortenberry 2.8|
|Oral Roberts||W Niles 19.2||D Bell-Holter 9.3||K Billbury 2.7|
On Saturday, Oral Roberts hosts Southeastern Louisiana at Mabee Center. Tip-off is at 8:30 EST and it can be seen on FCS. The Golden Eagles defeated the Lions 86-72 on January 3rd.
Oral Roberts is currently in 1st place in the conference and Southeastern Louisiana is in 4th. Oral Roberts has won its last five games.
In their last game, Shawn Glover put up 25 points and 9 rebounds in the Golden Eagles 90-78 win over Nicholls State on January 31st. On top of his scoring average of 14.0 points per game, he delivers 5.5 rebounds per game. In a 70-69 victory over Central Arkansas on January 31st, Roosevelt Johnson put up 28 points and 14 rebounds for the Lions. He puts up a team-leading 8.3 rebounds per game, 1.0 steals per game, and 0.7 blocks per game.
Oral Roberts appears to have a key statistical advantage over Southeastern Louisiana in one area, scoring, where the Golden Eagles have an edge over the Lions, 71 points per game to 61 points per game.
Southeastern Louisiana StatSmack
- Oral Roberts allows fewer rebounds (31.0 allowed per game vs 37.6 allowed per game) than Southeastern Louisiana this season.
- The Oral Roberts scoring leader (Warren Niles) has more points than the Southeastern Louisiana scoring leader (Brandon Fortenberry).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Oral Roberts has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Southeastern Louisiana (1 vs 0).
- Boom! Oral Roberts crushed Southeastern Louisiana by 14 points the last time they played (Jan 03, 2013).
- Oral Roberts is a better free-throw-shooting team (75.5% vs 64.9%) than Southeastern Louisiana this season.
- The Oral Roberts three-point leader (Warren Niles) has more three-pointers than the Southeastern Louisiana three-point leader (Dre Evans).
- Oral Roberts has a better conference record than Southeastern Louisiana this season (7-1 vs 5-3).
- Oral Roberts has a more potent offense, scoring more points (70.2 per game vs 61.5 per game) than Southeastern Louisiana this season.
- The Oral Roberts blocks leader (Shawn Glover) has more blocks than the Southeastern Louisiana blocks leader (Roosevelt Johnson).
- It's only wins and losses, but Oral Roberts has a better overall record than Southeastern Louisiana this season (12-8 vs 7-11).