Duke vs. Florida State: Full Game Preview
|Duke||M Plumlee 18.1||M Plumlee 11.1||Q Cook 6.3|
|Florida State||M Snaer 14.2||T Shannon 6.3||M Snaer 2.5|
On Saturday, Florida State welcomes No. 5 Duke at Donald L. Tucker Center. Tip-off occurs at 2:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN. The Seminoles are 3-5 against the Blue Devils over the last four years. They won 62-59 on 3/10/2012 the last time they played.
Duke is in 2nd place in the conference and Florida State is in 5th place.
In a 73-71 win over Maryland on January 30th, Michael Snaer put up 19 points for the Seminoles. On top of his scoring average of 14.2 points per game, he delivers 4.6 rebounds per game. For the Blue Devils, Mason Plumlee finished with 32 points and 9 rebounds in the 75-70 win over Wake Forest on January 30th. With 18.1 points per game and 11.1 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Duke has a statistical edge over Florida State in one specific area, scoring, where the Blue Devils have the upper hand over the Seminoles, 78 points per game to 69 points per game. Duke will hope to exploit their strengths, which include: turnover percentage at 15.8 and effective field goal percentage at 53.1.
- Florida State has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Duke ($29,953 vs $53,157).
- Michael Snaer is ranked 7th in the ACC in three-pointers.
- Okaro White is ranked 8th in the ACC in blocks.
- Florida State beat Duke by 3 points the last time they played (Mar 10, 2012).
- Florida State has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Duke ($15,415 vs $53,157).
- Florida State is better under pressure, and has defeated Duke in 7 out of the last 10 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Duke has to pay up to win. The coach for Florida State has a much lower base salary than Duke ($1,550,000 vs $4,095,909).
|C-||T. Whisnant II||21||7||1||1||1||0||0|